Nowadays, our Facebook profile has become our identity as we keep updating our details on it. It becomes essential to hide our details from the google searches for the safety and security perspective. Google uses all the profiles who haven’t secured them from sharing or restricted the appearance in the Google searches. Whenever your name is entered or typed in the Google search box, your profile automatically appears in the list along with the one sharing the same name as you.
It causes security issues along with the misuse of your personal information by any random person over the internet. Facebook is a platform where we share our pictures and activities with our friends and the people familiar to us. So, it is quite a personal platform, and getting the images and other information viewed by someone from the office or other professionals causes an effect on your reputation with them at the workplace. They try to judge you based on what you are in your personal space. It makes it very necessary for the Facebook profile to be secured only for our friends and people we know to maintain our personal and professional lives differently.
It is effortless to remove your Facebook profile search from the Google index. Some necessary steps have to follow, and you have done. These steps hardly take a few minutes to make your Facebook profile and help to maintain your reputation in front of the professional scenarios.
Necessary three steps to secure the Facebook profile search from the google search list discussed briefly below. These steps are straightforward to follow and are listed quite clearly to make the readers understand them properly and easy to follow:
Secure Facebook profile search from the google search list
- Go on to the Facebook page through this link
- Log in your Facebook profile with your set username and password with it
- There will be a dialog box at the bottom of the page written with a question, “Do you want all the search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?” Please uncheck this box so that Facebook can be secured, and this way, it becomes personal to only your friends and your unknown people.
This way, your Facebook profile can be removed from the search engines and never show up again whenever someone searches your name in the search box. These are the necessary steps that need to follow to get with the thing done. There are different steps to be followed to do the same for the Facebook app on android devices.
The steps to be followed to get the Facebook profile hidden from the Google index on the mobile app discussed briefly:
Hide Your Facebook Profile From Google
- Firstly, log in to your Facebook app
- Mark the three little horizontal lines at the bottom of the page
- Then, go to the bottom of the page and then go on the settings tab. Then choose the privacy tab from the accounts settings
- Next, click on the option “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?”
- Then, click on “allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile” so that the mark disappears from it
- Then, the pop up will appear that confirm that you want to remove the profile from the search engines
These are the simple steps that lead to removing the Facebook profile search from all the search engines when you are using a Facebook mobile application. Some additional steps have to follow to secure your identity and keep your Facebook identity away from the professional space and other co-working professionals.
We usually spend so much time working about the problem instead of taking some simple steps and getting the solution for it. Anyone can follow these necessary steps and get their Facebook identity hidden on all the search engines, especially Google index searches.
To conclude, the article provides a bright idea to the readers about the security of their Facebook profile from the google searches whenever their name searched. The steps are very easy to follow along and are full proof in the matter. It is essential to maintain a balance in our personal and professional areas, and to secure our Facebook profile publicly visibly makes us take a very crucial step towards that. So, no need to be worried about sharing your fun pictures of your vacations and enjoyable time with your friends. This simple step is the savior for all the worries and maintains proper balance and security of your identity accessed to any random person over the internet. Feel free to share your experience with us. Your suggestions are welcome in the Tech and Skill comment section.