In today’s world phone is the record keeper of all your information, be it bank details, and be it documents or picture. Google ensures this. The Google account is an account from which our device is registered. Whatever apps or activities you do get saved in a single Google account and when you log in to your account from a new device, everything is restored as of the old equipment. When you login or access your account from a new device you have to authenticate your login for securing your data from being corrupted or stolen. However, this authentication is required just once, i.e. only the first time you log in to your account from the new device, so that the new device is now a trusted device and you can access your account easily from this device hereafter. Further, you won’t be bugged by again and again authenticating your account with every sign in.
Well, there are many ways to authenticate your account when you want to add a new device. But due to lack of acquaintance with technology, many fail to follow the steps to authenticate the sign in. There is a process where your account if open in any other device, the device gets the message of authenticating your current sign by just pressing an okay button, but still many fail in doing due to their insufficient information in this field. So, for their ease, google always allows users to add or to remove their trusted devices manually.
Trusted devices are those devices where you don’t have to login every time you access the device. Your account stays active on these devices, and every Google app you use is updated on these devices. In these trusted devices, you do not have to sign using your credentials every time.
Removing a trusted device from Google is really simple and can be done by following some simple steps listed below.
Remove trusted devices from Google Account
For android phones:
- Open your device and click on system setting, by swiping and finding the app. When the setting page opens, you will find many settings options like wireless and network, personal, system and device etc.
- Click the System and Device, and then a new page opens up having many more options.
- Select the Google option from this page which will lead to open a page having your Gmail id with profile pic.
- This page will have a choice “Manage Google account“. Click on it and swipe left.
- A new page pops up having many other tabs. Navigate to the tab named “Security“. Click on the “Signing in to Google” option from this page.
- There would be many options. Now, click on 2-step verification. A page with some terms and conditions pops up. Now click on the “Get started” tab. A prompt may pop up to enter your password.
- Enter your password and scroll down to the new page opened. Here press the “Revoke all” option under the device you trust tab. And you are done. Your device is removed from the trusted device list of google account.
Make sure your device has an active internet connection while performing the above processes.
For Desktops or any other device:
- Open your browser and search for https://myaccount.google.com.
- Login to your google account with your Google credentials.
- A new page opens with many options in it. Click on the “Security” tab.
- A page opens with signing into a google account and scrolling down the page you will find an option 2-step verification.
- Click on the 2-step verification. It may prompt you to enter your password again. Enter your password, and a new page pops open.
- Now in this page under the device you trust tab you will find the “Revoke all” option. Click on it and accept the prompt.
Here you go. Your device is revoked from the trusted device of your google account. Not only this device but all the devices you have trusted from the past will be removed from your google account as well. You have to sign again from the devices you want to add to your google account trusted device. So make sure your phone number linked to the account is active to get the OTP for two-step verification.
For further security of your data, keep your phone or pc secured with a password lock. Handle your devices with utmost vigilance. Do not let anyone access your phone or pc. If handing your device to anyone enable guest mode or pin the app, you want the user to view so that the person can’t access your private information since your phone contains all your personal data like bank details, important documents, personal pictures and many more. Better safe than sorry. Stay alert and keep your information secure and safe. Further google too provides security to your data from its end.
It’s a piece of cake to handle and manage your google account. You simply have to get acquainted with the services offered by Google. Well, google gives the security of the data a priority so you can rest assured for the security of your account while using google products. Google offers a variety of services like Google docs, sheets, presentations, payment apps (GPay), browsers like chrome and many other services. You can have one single account and enjoy all these privileges. And the extra security and ease to login with trusted device functionality is just a cherry on the top of a cake. Thus google offers the most trusted services which attract the most of the users. Google has facilities for you to help you with your work irrespective of the field you are from. This is the beauty offered by Google. Feel free to share your experience with us. Your suggestions are welcome in the Tech and Skill comment section.
Also, read How to Delete Your Phone Number From Truecaller