Many a time, it happens with us that we buy a high-end gadget but don’t know all the features and customize a few things like changing wallpaper, ringtone, message tone, etc. If you think that you do not have the technical knowledge, then let me tell you that even tech-savvy people face these issues many times. It is because the handset manufacturers are always busy innovating and making changes. They are also giving more options to customize many things. One such mobile phone manufacturer is Samsung.
The South Korean giant launched the latest handset Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e in March 2019. The phones come with an excellent camera, powerful processor, and a super amoled display; the other features are on-screen fingerprint sensors, wireless chargers, etc. It is one of the most talked-about phones launched in 2019. Imagine you spent a significant amount on Samsung S10; however, you are finding it difficult to change the ringtone. Well, it will make you a bit frustrated, isn’t it?
If you are an owner of Samsung S10, S10+ or S10e and facing issues in changing the default ringtone or keep a customized ringtone like a music file, assign a personalized ringtone, then you are at the right page. We will help you with step by step instructions on how you can change the ringtone.
How to change ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e?
- From your app menu, tap on Settings.
- Then tap on Sounds and vibration.
- Then tap on ringtone.
- If you are using two SIM cards, tap on SIM 1 or SIM 2. If you are using only one SIM card, you will not see this step.
- It will show you the list of ringtones. You can select a ringtone from the list and then tap on done. That is it, and your preferred ringtone is selected.
How to select a music file your ringtone on Samsung S10, S10+, and S10e?
The first thing you need to do is to download the music file you want to set up as a ringtone. Once you do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps to customize your ringtone to a music file.
- Tap on the menu button on your phone.
- Then select Settings.
- Then tap on Sounds and vibration.
- After that, select Ringtone.
- If you are using two SIM cards, then you need to select the SIM card for which you wish to change the ringtone. If you are using only one SIM card on your phone, then you do not need to do this step. The default SIM card is selected automatically.
- Then you can see the list of pre-installed ringtones. Scroll down to go to the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a plus sign and ‘Add ringtone‘ written beside that. Tap on the + sign.
- It will open a list of file sources on your phone. Select ‘Sound picker’ from that.
- Then you will see a pop up to allow the sound picker to access photos, media, and files on your device. Tap on allow.
- Then select the music file you want to set up as ringtone and click on done. Now you will hear your favorite music when someone will call you.
How to assign a personal ringtone to a particular person in your contact list?
There are times when you want to assign a personal ringtone to one or few contacts on your phone like your spouse, parents, special friend, or business contact so that you can distinguish between calls from a random number and call from someone special. The following are the steps to set up a personalized ringtone to your contacts.
- Tap on the phone or contacts.
- Then tap on the contact for whom you want to set up a personal ringtone.
- Then tap on Edit. You can see a pencil sign or Edit written at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘View more’ and scroll down to locate ‘Ringtone.’
- You can select a ringtone from the list. If you want to set a music file as a ringtone, then you need to click on ‘Add ringtone.’
- After that, click on ‘Sound picker.’
- Then select the music you want to choose as ringtone and tap on Done. Then tap on ‘Save.’ It will set up a personalized ringtone for a particular contact.
Every one of us loves to make changes with the default ringtones, wallpaper, etc. on our phones; however, at times, we face issues while making those small changes, and it upset up. We have provided the steps to change the ringtone and to set up a personalized ringtone to a contact. We hope you liked the article. Feel free to share your experience with us. Your suggestions are welcome in the Tech and Skill comment section.